Peaceful Living is a faith-based nonprofit organization which identifies and seeks to engage the gifts of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We believe that all individuals deserve to live with a sense of “belonging” within a faith and overall community where they can express their talents, interests and capabilities.
Our mission is to create Belonging through:
- Companionship in the form of a sincere relationship built upon mutual trust and admiration;
- Holistic Care - by helping people to live a life balanced in body, mind and spirit;
- Enthusiasms Appreciated - sincere positive acknowledgment of the enthusiasms individuals offer to their community, (including highlighting that they are contributing in their own special way); and
- Membership in a welcoming community that gives individuals an opportunity to thrive.
With careful planning, individual attention and ongoing education of our staff, we provide services to more than 180 families though four programs in a manner in which participants feel loved, respected and valued in their community.
Click on the video below to see how "Peaceful Living" has truly become a way of life for the individuals we serve.
What Parents Are Saying
"Our many thanks for all you do! Paul has a beautiful life surrounded by your kindness and compassion!"
- Rosemary D.
“(Our son) is extremely satisfied with the care and services provided by (staff). (He) has a calm personality and a nice sense of humor. He is respectful and truly appears to care for his clients. (He) appears to have good insight into his clients’ needs as well.“
- Parent of someone served by Family Services
"We are so grateful to Hilltown Baptist Church and Peaceful Living for hosting the SOUL 2 Program. Our son is 30 years old and has outgrown babysitting requests. For us to have a place where Simon can have fun with his peers in a safe environment is a blessing. We are so thankful to the wonderful staff of SOUL 2. They give up their Saturday night to minister not only to our children, but to us as parents as well. Thank you!"
- Mike, Becky & Simon T.
What Participants Are Saying
"I enjoy SOUL 2. SOUL 2 allows me to get out of my house and socialize with other people with different disabilities. The helpers are very nice. I like doing the activities that we do at SOUL 2 and I would recommend it for others."
- Greg S.